Year Round Group Screenings
Facets offers a variety of screening programs for all grade levels throughout the year, which we can screen at Facets or bring to screen at your location. Choose from one of our pre-existing programs listed below, or speak with us to develop a customized program to suit the needs of your classroom or school.
All films are official selections from the Chicago International Children’s Film Festival, and all programs include an introduction and post-screening discussion led by one of our trained media educators. Curriculum aligned with Common Core Standards is also provided electronically to teachers prior to the day of screening.
If scheduling an in-school screening, please note that there are specific technical requirements (detailed below).
Group Screening Coordinator
773-281-9075 ext. 3009
Screenings at Facets:
- $6.00 per child for groups of 25 or more ($7 for groups under 25).
- Group leaders and chaperones attend for free. Additional charges may apply.
- Concessions (16 oz. popcorn & soda) are available at Facets and must be ordered in advance.
- Minimum fee of $400 for groups of 50 or less.
- Tickets are $8.00 per child for groups of 50 or more.
- An additional fee of $100 will apply to locations outside a 20 mi. area to Chicago with $100 for each additional 20 mile distance from Chicago.
- Group leaders and chaperones attend for free. Additional fees may apply if the number of chaperones greatly exceeds a 1:10 chaperone:student ratio.
- Includes curriculum revised to the new Common Core and on-site media educator facilitation.
In-School Group Screening Technical Requirements:
- School staff person MUST be responsible for technical assistance.
- Multi-purpose room or assembly hall with a screen
- DVD player or laptop with LCD projector
- Separate speaker hook-up for sound (sound hook-up via a speaker system, not the laptop’s speakers)
- Hand-held microphone for media educator (for larger groups or specific spaces)
- Room must be able to be dark.
- Day-of screening tech-check visit.
Films will be presented on a non-region DVD-R, playable in most DVD drives or on most DVD players.
African & African American American Programs
Programs for Grades 1-9+ (Ages 5-14+)
Programs for Pre-K & K, Grades 4-8
Programs for Grades 4-7
Coming in 2016!
Programs for Grades Pre-K through High School
Programs for Grades K-High School
High School Programs
For grades 9-12 (Ages 14-18)
Coming in 2016!
Program for Grades 6-9+
Language & Literature Based
Programs for Grades PreK-9 (Ages 4-15)
Programs for Middle & High School
Program for Grades 3-5 (Ages 8-11)
Native American Heritage
Programs for Grades 4-6 (Ages 9+) & High School (Ages 14+)
No Bullies, Please!
Programs for Pre-K & K, Grades 1-8+ (Ages 2-14+)
Science (Earth, Life, Physical, Engineering)
Programs for K-8th Grades (Ages 5-14)
Film programs tailored specifically to each grade level; Pre-K to High School. Program age range suggestions are offered as a general guideline only.
Pre-K & Kindergarten (Ages 2-5)
Grades 1-3 (Ages 5-8)
Grades 4-5 (Ages 8-11)
Grades 6-8 (Ages 11-14)
Grades 9-12 (Ages 14-18)
Symbols will be used to mark programs that contain profanity (P), mature themes (M), violence (V), relative to the sugested age range of the program.
SUBTITLES? NO PROBLEM!
Professional actors will read the English subtitles aloud for programs for kids 8 years old and under. The sound from the film will be audible while subtitles are read.