Facets Summer Film Institute
- Engage with the media-based world of today’s students to effectively achieve lesson plan objectives.
- Build a collection of media resources and strategies to inspire students with various learning modalities.
- Harness film’s power to unite a multi-cultural class, encourage empathy, and create teachable moments.
- Watch, discuss, and enjoy classic and cutting-edge films while mastering Film Studies 101 in one exciting week.
It’s a summer experience that will transform you (and your students) for a lifetime!
Film scholars provide expert instruction on film aesthetics, film history, and film techniques, including:
- The Impact of Film Editing – Learn the language of film for Media Literacy.
- Lighting, Camera Angles, and Set Design – Impart how visual style interacts with story for Fine Arts.
- Narrative in Cinema – Treat film as a text, and compare and contrast to Literature.
- History of World Cinema – Put film in context, and use as a specialized source for History.
- Classic Hollywood Movies – Appreciate film as a cultural artifact for Social Science.