Past Festival Award Lists
CICFF Awards & Prizes
- Awards are announced at the CICFF’s Closing Night Award Ceremony.
- Juries award 1st and 2nd Prizes per category. (Juries may select not to give a 1st & 2nd prize in all categories.)
- Awards and Prizes are announced via the website following the award presentation.
- Awards are presented to the director of the film unless otherwise noted.
- Films that win 1st prize from the Adult Jury in the category of Live-action Short or Animated Short may become eligible to enter the Academy Awards® competition.
- Most juries meet prior to the start of the Festival.
With nearly 700 entries submitted each year, the Chicago International Children’s Film Festival programs nearly a third, a select number of which are viewed by the Festival’s Adult, Children’s, and Youth Juries. Films screened in competition are eligible for first of second prize in over a dozen award categories including: Animated & Live-action Shorts, Features, Documentary, Television, as well as Child and Youth-produced. Filmmakers also may be awarded in a number of special award categories for both adult and child filmmakers including:
- Best of the Fest Prize
- Liv Ullmann Peace Prize
- Best Film for Young Children (Ages 2-5)