Applications & Deadlines
Chicago International Children’s Film Festival
Entry Deadline: May 31
Scroll down for YOUNG FILMMAKER entry details.
FILMS MADE BY ADULTS:
It is the mission of the Chicago International Children’s Film Festival to set an internationally recognized standard of excellence in film, video, and television production for children. It is further our mission to support the work of talented and dedicated filmmakers by awarding prizes, by showcasing international films of the highest quality, and by providing a professional forum through which quality children’s films and videos may gain increased distribution and access to wider audiences. The Festival is also committed to engaging young viewers with positive media images and to using media as a tool to stimulate critical thinking.
DEADLINES AND ENTRY FEES:
For early entries received in their entirety by May 1, the following entry fees apply:
- Short film or video (under 40 minutes): $40.00 USD
- Feature-length film or video (40 minutes or longer): $80.00 USD
For late entries received after May 1, the following entry fees apply:
- Short film or video (under 40 minutes): $60.00 USD
- Feature-length film or video (40 minutes or longer): $100.00 USD
All entries and entry fees must be received in their entirety postmarked by May 31.
FILMS MADE BY YOUTH (AGES 18 AND YOUNGER):
The “Young Filmmaker” categories are for films produced by youth ages 18 & younger. Films considered for this category must be conceived and produced by children or youth with minimal adult input. (An adult supervisor is allowed if part of a group project.) There is no entry fee for Young Filmmakers.
All films made by young filmmakers will be judged by either a children’s jury for filmmakers ages 6-14, or a youth jury for filmmakers ages 15-18. There will be a first and a second place award from each jury. Awards are given in the form of certificates.
DEADLINE: May 31st is the entry deadline. If your film hasn’t arrived — complete with entry form, film, and all the stuff in the checklist — by May 31st, it won’t be eligible, so don’t delay!
All films submitted to the Festival must match these criteria:
- The action of the film should be child-driven.
- The stories should be culturally authentic, timely, and of universal appeal.
- Films submitted to CICFF should be made for, rather than about, children.
- Film content should be creative, highly original, and demonstrate artistic and technical mastery.
- Content should speak positively to children of diverse backgrounds and cultures and should provide strong role models for both boys and girls.
For more information please contact the Festival Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-773-281-9075 ext. 3010.